ROVA (“ROVA,” “we,” “our,” and/or “us”) values the privacy of individuals who use our website and mobile apps (collectively, our “Platform”). Your use of our Platform is also subject to our User Agreement
1. Information You Provide to Use the ROVA Platform
1.1. Information Provided by shippers
- Registration and Profile Information. When you sign up for ROVA as a shipper, you provide your name, email address, physical address, and phone number.
- Payment Information. When you add a payment card to your ROVA account, a third-party payments service provider receives your card information. To help keep your financial data secure, we never store full payment card information on our servers.
1.2. Information Provided by Prospective and Active Transportation Service Providers
- Sign Up and Registration Information. When you sign up to become a Transportation Service Provider, you provide your name, Social Security Number, date of birth, email address, physical address, phone number, photo, driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We share this information with third-party providers who initiate background check reports on you. Additional information about the third parties who run the background checks is provided in Section 3.2 below.
- Payment Information. We receive Transportation Service Providers’ bank account and tax information to provide settlement, tax reporting purposes, and for background check service.
1.3. Information Provided by Partners
- We collect product information from Partners.
Information Provided by All Users
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our shipper Support team, we will receive your name, email address, and the contents of any message or attachments that you may send to us, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
2. Information ROVA Platform Collects
2.1. Information We Collect From Your Device With Your Permission
- Location Information When Using the App. In order to facilitate on-demand deliveries, we need to know where shippers and Transportation Service Providers are located in real time. We receive a shipper’s location information when you use the ROVA platform to place an order, to help determine the appropriate delivery address. We continuously collect location information from Transportation Service Providers who are “online” or have ROVA app open in order to assist Transportation Service Providers in finding available deliveries, allow shippers to track deliveries, and other similar purposes. We also use location information for analytics purposes.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Platform
- Device Information. We receive information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, unique device identifiers.
- Usage Information. We automatically receive information about your interactions with our Platform, such as the pages or other content you view, and the dates and times of your visits, to help us understand how you use our Platform, help us improve our Platform, and provide you information about our Platform and our Partners.
- Call and Text Information. We work with one or more third parties to facilitate phone calls and text messages between shippers and Transportation Service Providers who are delivering the shippers’ products. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or text message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text messages. We do not record or have access to the content of the phone calls.
- User Feedback. Shippers and Transportation Service Providers can provide feedback about each other at the end of every delivery. After a delivery, we may share feedback or comments that shippers provide with Transportation Service Providers, but we will not identify the shipper. We may also share with Transportation Service Providers their aggregate feedback.
3. Information We Receive from Third Parties
3.1. Information We Receive About Shippers
- If you make a delivery through one of our Partners that offers delivery via ROVA platform, we may receive information about your delivery, including your name, phone number, the products delivered, and the delivery location information.
3.2. Additional Information We Receive About Prospective and Active Transportation Service Providers
- Background Information on Transportation Service Providers. ROVA works with third-party providers to perform driving record and criminal background checks on Prospective and active Transportation Service Providers, and in some instances these third parties provide Prospective and active Transportation Service Providers’ records to ROVA as part of the background check process.
4. How We Use Information We Collect From Users
4.1. Uses of Information Collected from All Users
We may use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote our Platform;
- Analyze how you use our Platform;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our service providers, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Facilitate transactions, deliveries, and settlements;
- Respond to shipper support questions;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to any issues that may arise during deliveries.
4.2. Additional Uses of Prospective and Active Transportation Service Provider Information
Additionally, we use information from Prospective and active Transportation Service Providers for the following purposes related to the Platform:
- Determining whether to grant a Prospective Transportation Service Provider access to our Platform, and
- Sending emails and text messages to Prospective and active Transportation Service Providers regarding their ROVA sign up, available deliveries, incentives and other opportunities, and additional information about our Platform.
4.3. Additional Uses of Shipper Information
Additionally, we use the information we collect from Shippers to notify them about orders, deliveries, and cancellations, and for other administrative and marketing purposes, including via text message, push notifications, phone calls, and emails.
5. How ROVA Shares Information It Collects From Users
5.1. Sharing between Shippers and Transportation Service Providers
Once a Transportation Service Provider accepts a delivery request from a shipper, the shipper can see the Transportation Service Provider’s first name and last initial and the Transportation Service Provider can see whatever name the shipper provided when signing up. A shipper is also able to see a Transportation Service Provider’s photo. During a delivery, the shipper in some instances is able to see the Transportation Service Provider’s real-time location, and the Transportation Service Provider is able to see the shipper’s pick up and delivery address. During a delivery, shippers and Transportation Service Providers are able to call each other. Shipper and Transportation Service Provider phone numbers are masked and, only in rare instances, may they be able to see the other’s phone number. After a delivery, we may share feedback or comments that a shipper provides with a Transportation Service Provider, but we will not identify the shipper. We may also share with Transportation Service Providers their aggregate feedback.
5.2. Service Providers
We share your information with service providers that perform services on our behalf, including all of the uses described in Section 4 above.
5.3. Advertising Partners
We work with third-party advertising service providers to show ads for our Platform that we think may interest you after you visit our Platform. These third-party service providers collect non-personally identifying information from you when you visit our Platform and other online platforms. If you do not wish to receive our personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads from member companies.
5.4. Other Sharing
We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- Where disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, legal process, or a governmental request;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties, if we think doing so is necessary protect the rights, property, or safety of ROVA, our Users, or the public;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Platform;
- To enforce our agreements, policies, and User Agreement;
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person;
- To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations;To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations;
- To provide information about the use of our Platform to Transportation Service Providers, Shippers, Partners, or potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you;
- While negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets, or bankruptcy; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
6. Your Choices
Profile Information. You can update your profile information through your profile settings. If you need to change the email address associated with your account, please contact us via our email@example.com.
Location Information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings, shipper and Transportation Service Provider location is core to our Platform and without it, you may not be able to successfully use our Platform.
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
7. Third-Party Links
Our Platform may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not have control over. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before giving them your information.
8. Data Security
We are committed to protecting your information. Even though we take precautions to protect Users’ data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of Users’ data.
9. Children’s Privacy
ROVA is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Contact ROVA
Last Revised Date: April 16, 2018